As a second-generation firm, we have over a half century of experience, expertise and professionalism designing and machining tools and molds to our customer’s specifications. Our long-standing business relationships are a tribute to our steadfast commitment to service and quality. In fact, we’ve been exceeding customer expectation since 1965.
Our strengths come from many areas of Lunar:
- Engineering—It all starts with our professional design team. Our engineers engage at the RFQ stage to clarify your needs and provide accurate pricing and a reliable delivery timeline. Whether you want to develop a part from a digital file or an existing model, our engineers implement your specifications and standards into the design. For more see our Engineering page.
- Machinists—Our seasoned machinists each have 15-25 years of on-the-job experience operating state-of-the-art machining technology, high speed milling machines, a full complement of lathehttp://lunarmold.com/site/engineering/s, and support equipment to cover practically any machining need.
- CNC Machining—Our CNC department is outfitted with several high-speed CNC machines for precision accuracy. With new high speed machines and the use of Unigraphics programming software, our CNC team is constantly improving surface finish, cycle time and accuracy to provide that highest quality parts possible.
- Blue Light Inspection—We inspect your project using blue light scanning technology that produces detailed resolution scans. Both a Lunar engineer and a shop lead review the scans together to ensure that our work meets the quality and specifications of your design. Blue light scans are provided to you for validation.
- In-Process Quality Assurance—Lunar has a robust multi-step quality assurance process in place from RFQ through delivery that includes in-process blue light scanning, regular customer status updates, weekly shop lead meetings to measure and track progress, and customer milestone meetings on more complex work.
We also know that happy employees make better employees. They are more productive. More creative. More likely to suggest improvements. This translates to a professional work environment and a finished product of the highest standards. Lunar hires the best talent available and provides an employee-friendly work environment to bring out their best skills and talents.
For high-quality investment casting tooling or precision machining contact us.